Wednesday, April 10, 1974

Excerpts from Dale's letters

Tuesday, February 26
Two weeks ago I had my first Bolivian baptism and great was my joy. "Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel" (Alma 26:16). He is a 19-year-old guy who attends one of the universitites here in La Paz. He has a strong testimony (testimonio) of the gospel.

I'm reading the Book of Mormon for my third time. Nevery before have I felt the Spirit of the Lord so strong as this time. Right now I'm about to finish Alma. He was a great prophet! I feel I really know him. The gospel is so true!

One thing that bothers me is missionaries who come out on missions and don't act like missionaries. You wouldn't believe the ones that swear and break the mission rules. I don't see how they can even do the Lord's work.

Thursday, March 7
Since leaving for my mission I've done a lot of meditating and prayer. One of the things I prayed for most was that Mom and Dad would be blessed—physically and spiritually. In the letters I receive from Mom, they are growing spiritually and are being blessed of the Lord, thus my prayer being answered! Mom and Dad are the greatest, and I've been blessed with wonderful brothers and a sister who really care and have love one for another.

The work is moving right along here. We have 14 baptisms planned for March 16. Really stud people. I hope they all make it.

Wednesday, March 13
Remember Gonzalo Bazualdo (the kid I baptized)? Well . . . he wants to go to BYU now real bad, and while in the U.S. after a year wants to go through the temple.

Here's a thought: "In measuring love, the statistics to keep are: eternity long and infinity deep."

No comments: